Thanks for visiting!
What do we do at A&M Music?
We offer enjoyable, engaging, quality tuition in
Teacher training for pianists up to Diploma level is also available.
- guitar and
- musical literacy,
- all tailored expressly to the individual needs & learning style of each student.
- voice, flute, 'cello & saxophone are available in 2015!
Plus live music (see About Us)
Where can you find us? Adelaide, South Australia;
Who are our students?
- our SA piano studios in Parkside 5063, Hawthorndene 5051 and Henley Beach 5022;
- and our guitar studio at Norwood 5067 and Parkside 5063.
- at Parkside 5063;
- 'cello, voice, flute & saxophone at Parkside 5063;
- and our NSW piano studios in Sydney, New South Wales, in Surry Hills 2010 / Redfern 2016 and Castle Hill 2154.
- Theory is available at Hawthorndene 5051, Norwood 5067, Parkside 5063 and Surry Hills 2010 / Redfern 2016 and Castle Hill 2154.
- A&M students are actively engaged in music & their learning process.
- They are confident readers of music who make continual progress in all aspects of their musical learning path.
- They have fun in their lessons and are encouraged to find their personal musical path so that it will continue to be a valued part of their life - always.
- We consider our students to be part of our circle of musical friends, and hold regular informal musical evenings, to encourage relaxed and sociable playing and performing opportunities.
- Our students are capable performers, who grow to enjoy sharing their music with others. Recitals are also held for our students several times a year, and exam preparation is another popular option for our students.
- Our students can also choose to sit our in-house A&M Assessments, for a less formal assessment of their playing or may choose to learn without assessment preparation.
- You don't think this sounds like your child (or yourself)? BOOK IN FOR 6 MONTHS OF OUR LESSONS then reassess!!!
Who is A&M? An established teaching partnership going back 30 years, beginning with two experienced and enthusiastic musicians and music teachers, Anthea Trevelyan (piano & theory) and Mark Trevelyan (guitar & theory). We now have a number of associate piano teachers who have trained or are training with Anthea: Claire Trevelyan, An My Thi Do, Karolinka Dawidziak & Niluka Samarakoon.
In 2015 we welcome Mason Stanton - 'cello -
& Suriya Umapathysivam - voice, flute & saxophone.
The qualities we look for and encourage in A&M teachers are:
- an enjoyment of both music and life and an irrepressible desire to share that enjoyment with others,
- respect for each and every student, no matter what their age or level of advancement,
- perseverance in encouraging each and every student to reach their potential and their fullest enjoyment in playing music,
- and a dedication to continue learning and playing their instrument and to be a musical role model.
Anthea & Claire playing music together - 25 years ago!
November Recital 2014
The November Recital for our Adelaide studios was held on Sunday 30/11/2014. It was a fitting showcase for the progress and achievement of our students during the year.
Well done, all who performed; we loved hearing your polished performances of music you obviously enjoy playing!
A big thank you to all participating students; your music was thoroughly enjoyable and Anthea, Mark, Karolinka, and Isabella are proud to be your teachers.
Our regular monthly Musical Evenings, which provide an informal performance platform for our students and other musical friends, will resume for 2015 on Friday 6 February (see below). These evenings have continued to be stimulating and enjoyable, with mostly adult students taking advantage of the opportunity to showcase their work-in-progress as well as polished performance items. All students, primary school age up, can benefit immensely from this regular performance practice and the sense of "musical community" so we do urge students of all ages to attend as often as possible, at least a couple of times a year.
Coming Studio Events:
- Friday 1/05/15, Musical Evening: Informal performance, 7.30pm - 9.00pm, Hawthorndene studio. Ask us if you would like to know more. Also see our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AandMmusic
- Friday 5/06/15, Musical Evening: Informal performance, 7.30pm - 9.00pm, Parkside studio.